We are seeking a unique and dynamic individual to head up our Transport team and ensure that the business’ logistical needs are met smoothly and efficiently.
- Control, manage and implement effective maintenance programme for the fleet of LGV’s and vans. This will include ensuring that periodic safety inspections, annual tests, manufacturers servicing schedules and all legal requirements are adhered to.
- Liaise with department heads ensuring that priorities are clear and that these are then cascaded to the Transport Coordinator.
- Oversee the Transport Coordinator in the arrangement of couriers as appropriate.
- Monitor and manage departmental timekeeping and absence, ensure that adequate cover is always available.
- Assist with the planning and project management of new truck and trailer builds and conversions.
- Work with the Stores Group Leader to support peak levels of activity in either area, such as meeting hand baggage deadlines, etc.
- Assist in the control of the various truck and van parking areas to ensure they are kept safe to work in and with sufficient space for the vehicles to maneuver safely.
- Be responsible for all matters pertaining to the operation of Fork Lift trucks within the business. To include the selection, training, approval (and where necessary disqualification) of all Fork Lift drivers, the writing and promulgation of operating procedures, the maintenance of the trucks, and overall budgetary responsibility for matters relating to the Fork Lift truck operation.
- Administer the Company Operators License.
- Hold a current HGV license would be desirable (but not mandatory).