String Theory Garage provides a niche service to improve the way in which our customer's cars drive. We specialise in supplying and fitting performance suspension components, which combined with our expertise in setup, geometry and cornerweighting allows us to improve our customer's car's ride, handling, and performance on both road and track.
We are looking for an automotive technician to join our growing team at String Theory Garage. We are passionate about our cars and have made it our mission to make each of our customer's cars drive better than ever. The reputation we have built for ourselves means that our calendar is booked up a long way in advance, so are on the lookout for the right person to join the team and be an integral part in helping us grow whilst getting to work on a massive variety of cool cars.
We are looking for a full-time technician to join our workshop team and play an important and active part in all aspects of what goes on in the garage. The responsibilities for this role would include the following:
- Removal of original chassis / suspension components and fitting of replacement OEM or aftermarket components such as springs, dampers, full coilovers kits, ARBs, bushes, spherical joints, exhausts
- Conducting vehicle geometry setups and alignments - full 4-wheel alignments using state-of-the-art laser alignment hardware, cornerweighting cars fitted with height adjustable suspension, adjusting and setting ride-heights. An understanding of bump and rebound travel requirements, motion ratios, spring rates and damping adjustments is disireable.
- Track car preparation - installing aftermarket brake kits, brake bias valves, mounting bucket seats and harnesses, engine modifications, wiring batteries / kill switches etc.
- General on-vehicle diagnosis, maintenance, servicing and repair work.
- Opportunity to do some occasional fabrication work (e.g. mounting oil coolers) so the ability to weld is a big plus.
We're looking for someone with experience as a professional automotive technician or mechanic, ideally in a hands-on role in the motorsport or automotive aftermarket worlds. Whilst we're not a motorsport team, a huge portion of our work is for customers who use their cars on track either for fun or competitively, so experience from the motorsport industry is very relevant to us. We appreciate we offer a niche service to our customers so are fully expecting that it'll be down to us to bring you up to speed with exactly what we do, but a level of experience in vehicle suspension setup, track-prep and chassis tuning is desireable.
At String Theory Garage we live and breathe performance cars, performance driving and track days. We are fortunate that we have a great customer base and get to work on a huge range of cars - from everything from Clio 172 track cars to brand new McLaren 720s and Ferrari Pistas.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about their cars and wants to join a team of petrolheads. As well as working on our customer's track cars, we regularly take our own cars on track days in the UK and Europe, and would love to find a new team member who's up for doing the same.
Starting salary £30-£35k dependant on experience