McGill Motorsport Ltd is a professional business, supplying all sectors of the motorsport industry with high quality products. The business operates primarily in eCommerce and has international reach with customers in over 100 countries. Located in Fife, Scotland we also have a large local and national customer base. We take pride in our reputation for providing excellent customer service. McGill Motorsport Ltd own multiple brands which are continually increasing in popularity and assisting the company’s expansion. Founded in 2005, our team now consists of 10 talented members of staff who work well together and look forward to welcoming a salesperson to join our team.
Position Title: Technical Sales Representative
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the vacancy in hand is a crucial position within the company which will have a multitude of responsibilities and opportunity for a very rewarding career path. Although primarily in the sales team, the role will expand into other areas of the business such as marketing, logistics, purchasing and general business development. The opportunity for career progression is vast, our new sister company McGill Microwave Systems Ltd is rapidly expanding and as both companies share resources, we expect multiple additional new members of staff will be required in the coming years offering more managerial and diverse positions.
- Handling UK and International sales via telephone, email, social media, website, eBay and Amazon.
- Negotiating B2B sales with resellers, race car constructors or component assemblers.
- Closing B2C sales with drivers or race teams.
- Serving customers in our showroom
- Managing queries sent to our social media accounts
- Responding to queries on online selling platforms.
- Stock & material purchasing & negotiation.
- Booking imports, exports or national deliveries to customers
- Market research to identify gaps in the market or new potential distributors
- Product Research and Development
- Self-training on products information
- Providing product technical information.
- Operating our back-office system to process orders
- Planning of exhibitions; designing the stand layout, organising logistics and negotiating with exhibition organisers
- Attend exhibitions to work on our stand (approx. 2 times per year)
- Outbound sales calls to potential distributors
- Provide staff training on products
- Carrying out quality checks on new products
- Trouble shooting product issues
- Assist with warehouse duties intermittently during busy periods; receiving deliveries, moving stock, loading for exhibitions, restocking customer returns.
- Ability to serve customers professionally, remaining polite and displaying empathy as required
- Ability to remain confident
- Technically or logically minded
- Ability to learn and understand the technical aspects of our product range
- Sociable with good natural diplomacy
- Willingness to learn
- Driven to improve
- Efficient and productive
- Ability to prioritise your schedule
- Ability to be flexible
- Attention to detail
- Good listener
- Ability to remain firm and in control
- Ability to scrutinize pricing and source materials at minimal price without compromising quality
- Ability to work well within a small team
- Good Initiative
- Good sales skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- IT competency
- Good investigative & research skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Adequate English skills
- Basic Math skills
- Inbound sales
- Outbound sales
- Technical sales
- Technical / Engineering
- Banking / Accountancy
- Manual labour