Rallysport Direct is looking for it's next Sales enthusiast to join our technical sales team!
Technical Sales Representatives are responsible for applying their knowledge of sales principles and products to increase company revenue by evaluating customers’ needs and recommending the best products. In addition, they are responsible for evaluating, making recommendations for the products they are looking for, offer other products in order to increase sales, and provide technical knowledge of the products. Requires teamwork in order to assist customers and increase customer satisfaction and sales. This position works under general direction and supervision of a cross functional team leader.
Where you’ll spend your time:
- Evaluate customers’ needs and make recommendations for products explaining how the product will benefit the customer
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support. Secure and renew orders, place orders, and arrange for shipment
- Advise customer of the product, cost, shipping costs, availability, and sometimes payment terms
- Sell products requiring extensive technical expertise and support for installation and use, product compatibility and other related questions regarding technical knowledge to assist the customer
- Provide technical and non-technical support and services to clients or other staff members regarding the use, operation, maintenance and other product related questions
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments
- Attend company training seminars to become familiar with product lines
- Identify resale opportunities and support them to achieve sales plans
- Document account activities, generate reports and keep records of business transactions with customers and suppliers
- Confer with customers by telephone, email, and Instant message, to provide information about products, product availability, shipping charges, tracking questions and/or other customer inquiries
- Take or enter orders, cancel orders, track orders, or obtain details of complaints. Keep records of interactions
- Follow up on quotes in order to promote products and increase customer satisfaction
- Work with internal departments and external business partners to resolve customer issues
- Identify additional sales opportunities based on customers purchases and needs and refer to Inside Sales Representatives as appropriate
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 to 4 years of work-related experience and/or a combination of 2 to 4 years work-related experience and education
- Associates Degree in Applied Science, Mechanical training, and/or related degree plus 4+ years’ of sport compact industry knowledge preferred
- Previous Call Center or Customer Service Experience
- Customer-oriented attitude, with a strong desire to go above and beyond the needs of customers
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to analyze customers’ needs and make recommendations based on your knowledge of the product, mechanical knowledge, and business goals and objectives
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Must be able to understand customers time restraints, budget, and goals
- Competencies below are typical company competencies, but can be higher or lower based on position:
- Communication – listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus, and fosters two-way communication
- Achievement Oriented – focusing your efforts on achieving high quality results
- Passion for Teamwork – work with others to help them achieve their personal and organizational goals. You celebrate your wins with others, celebrate others wins and successes, and realize when the company falls short, you fall short and look for ways to succeed
- Exemplify Integrity – treating others fairly, honestly, and respectfully; furthering the integrity of the organization and its relationships of trust within your own teams, customers, and the broader community; maintains ethical principles even in the most challenging circumstances
- Must be able to adhere to attendance policies and requirements.
- A team of automotive enthusiasts who have a drive for customer service and sales, as well as leadership who have a passion for the off-road industry, are driven, successful, and willing to help mentor and teach those who have the same passion
- Full time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, accident plans, 2 weeks of PTO your first year, paid holidays. and more...
- All employees are eligible for company provided Life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, discounts on products, and more
- 401(k) with a company match after 90 days with "immediate" vesting.
Your work environment:
- Requires sitting, typing, and being on the telephone for extended time periods throughout the day
- Requires repetitive motion and movement
- Requires making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, financial resources, clients, and/or the image and reputation of the organization
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, via telephone, electronic email, letters/memos, etc.)
- Requires awareness of competitive pressures to include working and negotiating with unpleasant, angry, or discourteous people
- Requires speaking/reading in English.
Aftermarket Performance Group (APG) is a fast-growing leader in the automotive aftermarket industry. The company is made up of multiple divisions focused on the wholesale distributor and direct-to-consumer segments within diesel performance (Premier Performance Products), jeep and off-road (Northridge4x4), compact performance (RallySport Direct, JB Autosports, and GrimmSpeed), and gas segment (Stage 3 Motorsports).
Applicants who are offered a position must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening (not all charges are disqualifying).