The Technical Manager for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series provides high level expertise, guidance and oversight in all areas of technical inspection process for this series.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for forward thinking and strategic direction in all areas of technical inspection.
- Provide high-level oversight in the implementation / application of the appropriate rules as it pertains to the garage area and the vehicle.
- Manage all technical inspection processes, concerns, rules, issues / conflicts, procedural concerns, etc. and report such to the Managing Director in a timely manner.
- Responsible for assuring that the technical inspectors use the issued NASCAR Mobile Inspection Tablet.
- Handle complex issues appropriately in garage and pit areas.
- Maintain strong working relationship with race teams and within the company, particularly in the Competition and Research & Development Departments.
- Attend Monthly Team Technical Meeting as requested.
- Focus on improving employee engagement (i.e. morale and overall sentiment) among the Technical Inspectors, as evidenced by consistently improving survey results.
- Maintain strong knowledge of industry products.
- Maintain proficiency in understanding and articulating the application of all NASCAR rules.
- Research and implement best practices from other forms of motorsports (i.e. IMSA, IndyCar, F-1, DTM).
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Approximate travel: 90% including weekends
- Supervises the technical inspectors and the evaluation of this unit.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include working with the Managing Series Director and the Assistant Series Director with interviewing, hiring, and training of the technical inspectors; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining the technical inspectors; addressing complaints and resolving problems.