Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
This position will make decisions regarding customers, business and employee needs to ensure customer satisfaction. The individual must have strong decision-making abilities and a positive attitude with the ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Must be open to overtime and be a team player.
- The basic duties will be to unload trucks, receive the purchase orders into the system, Process pulling orders and shipping them correctly.
- Process Returns and work with customer service and customers to resolve exceptions.
- Loading Freight containers for replenishment to the regional warehouse’s which includes stacking freight in containers using plywood for support between layers.
- Operate a turret truck in a Very Narrow isle environment.
- Needs to be able to understand what a clean environment is and how to work with others to achieve this daily.
- Cross train with Central receiving and intra-plant dispatch directing up to 4 drivers.
- Point of contact for carriers inbound and outbound of the distribution center which includes creating Bills of lading, email and answering phone / voice messages.
- All expectations of BB1 positions as well as:
- Turret Truck Operator and/or;
- Operating special equipment in Very Narrow Isle environment
- Return goods specialist and/or;
- Process credit to customers
- Work with customer service and customers to resolve exceptions
- Central Dispatch and/or;
- Direct intraplant trucks
- Cross-dock operator.
- Load containers for regional inventory replenishment
- Communicate with Carriers and Business units
- Manage delivery issues with regional warehouses and resolve problems or exceptions
- Monitor inventory levels inbound to facilitate outbound weight allowances
- Manage relationship with intermodal carriers
- Handle delivery exceptions as necessary
ITW Welding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.