Purpose of the Role:
Working as part of a small team, you will develop and support the control systems and instrumentation of our advanced test facilities.
This role is perfect for someone in the early stages of their Systems Engineering career, who is looking for the next step to build and develop their skills.
The Systems Engineer will be involved in developing new test facilities and upgrading and maintaining existing installations, such that we can develop and test our vehicle subsystems in the most effective ways possible. The team is responsible for facilities such as the wind tunnel and transmission dyno, among many others.
- Engaging with engineering ‘customers’ and translating their requirements into system specifications
- Development of National Instruments LabVIEW software, and deployment to NI real-time hardware
- Development of MATLAB data analysis tools
- Development of dSPACE control systems
- Configuration of communications networks including CAN and Ethernet
- Testing, validation and calibration of newly introduced systems
- Fault diagnosis and resolution
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A degree or postgraduate qualification in an Engineering, Science or Mathematics-based subject
- Experience of real-time systems and communications
- Experience working with hardware-in-the-loop test systems, with a focus on control and instrumentation
- Experience developing using the NI LabVIEW or MATLAB, Simulink and dSPACE tool chain
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively in a high pressure and time critical environment
- Ability to plan, organize and deliver projects across multiple disciplines to specification and timing
- Focused with a high attention to detail