Systems and Controls Engineer
An Opportunity for a Systems and Controls Engineer will be available from June 2018 and applications are now being considered. The position will play an important part in the efficient and reliable running of the DS Virgin Racing Team at worldwide Formula E events.
Requirements for the position are:-
- Graduate with a First class degree, or upper 2nd, in a relevant Engineering subject, with 2-3 years full time experience in F1, FE, WEC, GP2, or demonstrate equivalent skill set.
- Familiarity of working with high voltage electrical systems on hybrid or electric vehicles.
- Experience of managing control systems for hybrid or electric powertrains.
- Experience with automotive electronic systems, CAN, motorsport data acquisition and sensing technology and related calibrating techniques.
- Experience of designing and specifying wiring systems using Raychem products and motorsport connectors.
- A good understanding of vehicle dynamics.
- An ability to analyse relevant car data with other team members and possibly the Team’s Racing Drivers.
- Strong organisational skills with project planning and delivery in evidence.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) (English language a must).
- Ability to handle pressure and work at a fast pace.
- Some experience with programming in MATLAB, C#, Python, VBA, would be an advantage.
It is likely Extensive World Travel will be expected for the successful candidate to complete their duties.
If you have the academic credentials, passion to play an important role in the DS Virgin Racing Formula E team and enjoy a collaborative work environment, please apply in writing with a current CV and a cover letter, stating your salary expectations and details of your notice period / availability.
This is a full-time position working from our Silverstone base available from Week 25, 2018.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.