For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
Red Bull Advanced Technologies are looking for an enthusiastic Structure Engineer to work on a variety of exciting projects across land, air and Sea. You will be responsible for the analysis and development of component design, to make structural recommendations to designers during the development process, and to produce reports for completed work.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineer who is committed to designing lowest-mass solutions, in accordance with pre-determined pass/fail criteria, as well as being passionate about high-performance engineering.
- Carry out first-stage sizing calculations to enable early decision making.
- To construct detailed FEA models, featuring composites laminates and high-performance metals
- To apply experience of modelling techniques, including linear static, non-linear contact, buckling, normal modes linear and non-linear solvers, following RBAT’s rules and procedures.
- To be familiar with fatigue failure modes and experienced in carrying out service life calculations.
- To take ownership of assigned projects: requesting data and consulting with Design Engineers where required to carry out each analysis efficiently, and to escalate where issues and/or risks present themselves.
- To supplement FEA studies with hand calculations and engineering reasoning to explain and validate FEA results.
- To seek opportunities for mass reduction and product optimisation, including performance, manufacturing, cost.
To be considered for this position, you will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent within Engineering, Design or a similar discipline
- Have experience within a similar role, ideally within Motorsport, Automotive, Aerospace or a fast-paced Engineering environment
- Be proficient in finite element analysis and optimisation of high-performance composite and metallic structures
- Experienced in analysis for fatigue and defining the service life of high-performance components
- Be a concise, effective communicator using written and verbal English language
- Have a proactive, passionate and flexible attitude.
Not only is this a fantastic role, but it is also a fantastic team to work for. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free food, and a cycle to work scheme.
Job Posting End Date
Wed, 21 Sep 2022