Together with other members of the Strategy Group, the role is responsible for live race strategy management, live model calculations and offline predictive strategy calculations. The Strategy Engineer role is responsible for development of strategy tools and methodologies supporting live race strategy decisions and competitor analysis feedback. Under the supervision of the Head of Strategy, the role is be responsible for the integration of the designed models within the current toolset, implementation, testing and data analysis, collaborating with all the groups of Vehicle Performance department.
Areas that play to your strengths
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OF SCUDERIA ALPHATAURI RACE STRATEGY TOOLS AND RELATED DATA ANALYSIS AND PREDICTION MODELS.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OF VEHICLE PERFORMANCE DEPARTMENT COMPETITOR ANALYSIS ACTIVITIES TO IDENTIFY AND QUANTIFY SCUDERIA ALPHATAURI CARS MAIN PERFORMANCE STRENGTHS AND LIMITATIONS.
SUPPORT THE TRACKSIDE RACE STRATEGY PROCESS INCLUDING LIVE SUPPORT DURING RACE EVENTS FROM OUR OPERATION ROOM.
- TAKE AN ACTIVE ROLE IN SUPPORTING RACE ENGINEERING, TYRE ENGINEERING AND SIMULATION & SOFTWARE ENGINEERING IN RELEVANT DEVELOPMENT AND EVENT SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES.
- EXECUTE THE DAY-TO-DAY TASKS, PROVIDING REGULAR FEEDBACK AND UPDATES TO HEAD OF STRATEGY AND CHIEF RACE ENGINEER.
- PROVIDE FLEXIBLE ATTENDANCE AND ATTITUDE TO WORK, BOTH IN LINE WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE AND ANY SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF THE VEHICLE PERFORMANCE DEPARTMENT ACTIVITIES.
TO WORK IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER AT ALL TIMES REGARDLESS OF THE TASK SET AND BE PRO-ACTIVE IN PROMOTING A POSITIVE IMAGE FOR THE DEPARTMENT / TEAM / SPONSORS.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise that matter most for this role:
- The ideal candidate will hold a degree in Mathematics, or Engineering strongly oriented to modelling and simulation, or similar;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an environment which included high exposure to simulation and modelling would be an advantage.
- e/she will have high problem-solving skills, with an attention to quality and details, eager to experience a highly challenging, exposed and dynamic environment, inside the Strategy group.
- A strong knowledge of programming in MATLAB is required, other codes (i.e. Python) are an advantage. Knowledge and experience of C# and SQL is an advantage.
- Experience in machine learning and artificial intelligence is an advantage.
- Strong, broad understanding of F1 car performance, data analysis, simulations and strategy associated to grand-prix racing.
- Delivers timely information and reporting (delivering to deadlines set on the job list and keeping on top of communication).
- Initiative and Innovation
- Ability to work with the team, external groups and colleagues.
- A very good knowledge of English is required, knowledge of Italian is an advantage.