Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Rich Energy Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our team and have an exciting position available in our Stores department. This is an opportunity for experienced and team-oriented individuals to make a substantial impact within a small, fast-paced team.
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Rich Energy Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, the team is based in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. Now in our fourth season, we have proven to be competitive with our uniquely-designed team that has quickly demonstrated a desire to win!
This position reports to the Operations Manager or his designee, located in Banbury. Responsible for receiving, issuing and locating all stock as appropriate, whilst adhering to parts policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Works with others to create an auditable and accurate stores department.
- Provides an effective supply service to the factory and race team.
- Ability to accurately monitor and record stock levels and precise usage of parts.
- Proactive approach to shortages and communicates effectively with others to resolve issues.
- Assists in the Race to Race Turnaround of components between events, including internal and external tasks, working closely with the Parts and Logistics Coordinators.
- Provides assistance on logistics and sea freight tasks as required.
- Able to create purchase requisitions.
- Active user of ERP and Lifing software.
- Assist in year-end inventory count and the subsequent cataloging and archiving of non-carry over car parts.
- Confidence and knowledge to feedback any changes to improve the supply of components.
- Open, honest communication and teamwork.
- Available to travel to tests, races and events with the race team as required.
- Follows and enforces Health & safety standards in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Operations Manager or his designee.
Education and Work Experience:
GSCE, High School education or equivalent required. Typically requires at least 3 year of parts department experience with some level of experience in the motorsports industry preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and meet liability/casualty insurance requirements. Forklift certification would be desirable. Leadership experience preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Good computer skills, ideally with experience of Microsoft AX 2012 and Microsoft Excel. Basic knowledge of race car parts and assembly; including vendors, part functions and part numbers. Strong organizational and time management skills accompanied with solid oral communication, teamwork and people skills.
Equipment and Applications:
- Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Dynamics AX or a similar system.
- Forklift and pallet jack license would be advantageous.
- Ability to follow complex regulations related to shipment of materials and facility maintenance requirements.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require occasional, domestic and international travel, a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.