Job Title – Stores Lead (potential career progression to Purchasing Lead)
Sector – Manufacturing
Location – On site, Basildon
Job Type – Permanent, 30-40 hours (open to flexible hrs over 3-5 days)
Salary – competitive dependent on experience
Life Racing has extensive experience in the design, manufacture, development, and support of a broad range of products including engine control units (ECUs), power distribution units (PDUs), display units, integrated paddle shift systems and high reliability wiring harnesses to all levels and sectors.
Life racing offers a range of services to support clients including on site and remote support, complete wiring harness solutions and custom electronic design. Extensive control systems experience provides the ability to advise on development from a control strategy perspective leading to better performance in shorter timescales.
Life Racing is based on the Essex/London border. Life Racing presents a small, yet exceptionally talented team driven to reach exceptional standards.
Stores Lead – a standard level position in a manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will be the ‘go to’ person for all Life Racing purchasing and stores related activity. Maintaining accurate stock records and up to date BOM whilst ensuring stores are kept organised, replenished and up to date.
Demonstrating initiative, attention to detail and good productivity whilst taking care and attention with fragile, sensitive items. A commitment to ‘getting things done’ and a willingness to pick up a variety of office support tasks with a positive attitude. Adaptable and flexible to the task in hand is very important.
- Good Inwards – booking in all goods.
- Maintaining relationship with external suppliers/PCB manufacturers (Brynleigh)
- Maintaining accurate stock levels at Life Racing and manufacturers
- Maintaining the BOM – over time building increased responsibility
- Translating BOM into works orders to manufacture jobs.
- Ensuring stock in and individual stock items booked out
- Placing PO’s for semiconductors under guidance of Lead
- Understand LR production schedule for PCB’s and ensure chasing any PO’s which are overdue
- Understanding task requirements and completing as assigned.
- Asking questions and assisting wherever possible.
- Raising concerns and making suggestions for improvement where appropriate.
- Establishing professional relationships with staff.
- Maintaining a high degree of professionalism and diligence.
- Setting up spread sheet to control new PCB's awaiting fault finding / fixing including location and cost.
- Future scope to train to understand forecast spreadsheets for buying/long term ordering
- Good working knowledge of BOM’s in manufacturing environment
- Processing BOM’s into works orders
- Previous working knowledge of EFACS desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience of stores in a manufacturing environment essential
- Understanding of manufacturing a finished item from individual components.
- Enthusiastic with a genuine desire to understand and improve the business
- Recognising that tasks need completing correctly, accurately, and regularly.
- Demonstrating initiative and capability to problem solve
- Ability to operate under pressure, demonstrating resilience and a calm approach
- Confident in answering detailed information requests
- Well organised with a methodical approach to work
- High Level of diligence
- Gentle, sensitive approach to fragile products
- Adaptable and flexible
- A growth mindset and willingness to accept feedback.
- A valid driver’s licence may be required.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft packages particularly excel is desirable
Qualities and Behaviours
- A self-starter who demonstrates self-initiative, a positive attitude and is motivated to improve and problem solve whilst working hard as part of a team.
Hours of work & Benefits
30- 40 hours per week, flexible across 3-5 days. Based at Life Racing’s Essex facility. A standard 40 hour working week is 8 hours a day with a flexible start and finish time.
The role is based on site at the unit in Burnt Mills Industrial Estate owing to the nature of the job responsibilities.
Position Vacant: July 2022
If interested please click apply and submit your cv and cover letter