PalmerSport, the leading operator of prestige corporate motorsport events, owning and operating the Bedford Autodrome circuit complex, is looking for a Stores Assistant to join its busy stores department serving the parts needs of its large fleet of racing and performance road cars.
This new and exciting position requires an individual with sound knowledge of automotive and mechanical components, ideally with race car parts knowledge, who has the enthusiasm and flexibility to meet the varied and changing requirements of the role. This will include attendance at the GB3 and GB4 race championship weekends.
Job duties will involve:
- Working as part of the warehousing team to keep the warehouse stocked with components for Palmersport experiences & the GB3 & GB4 championships
- Ordering specific components for the Palmersport, GB3 & GB4 cars working with a large number of suppliers
- Keeping track of invoices and expected delivery times
- Keeping the stores at Bedford a clean and safe environment to work for all members of staff
- Logging deliveries / stock levels on a stock management system
- Work with the workshop team to accurately pick and compile parts quickly and efficiently
- Drive the parts truck to all GB3 & GB4 race weekends (If you do not have your HGV license you must be willing to undertake training for this)
To apply for the role you must meet the below criteria:
- Indepth knowledge of car components (ideally race car knowledge)
- Previous experience working within a stores / workshop environment
- Previous experience using stock control software
- Ability to work under your own initiative
- Knowledge of using "Bills of Materials"
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Full UK Driving license (HGV1 license is desirable)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft systems
When attending race weekends you will need to drive our parts truck, and therefore must hold a valid HGV licence and CPC (or be prepared to train and obtain these qualifications)
In addition to supporting the race series on 8 to 10 weekends per year, our PalmerSport driving event takes place at Bedford Autodrome so part of your time will be allocated to supporting the PalmerSport workshop team with parts supply.
Core working hours are 8.30 - 18.00 in the week but hours are driven by business needs. You must be flexible and able to work some weekends and Bank Holidays, especially during the busiest time of year (typically March to October) along with early starts and late finishes where necessary at for events.