Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
Miller Electric, an ITW company is looking for a highly motivated and innovative individual to join our team as a Software Engineer. This role is focused on developing software in support of Product Development. Custom embedded software is utilized to provide enhanced welding capability, user friendly machine interfaces, and extensive communication both internal to the welding system and external to customers.
This position will require an individual with a foundation of embedded software and a proven record of accomplishments working with teams as a contributor and collaborator. The right candidate will learn the Miller welding product families, become knowledgeable in key metrics of welding, and help create innovative software solutions to help satisfy Miller customers.
- Primary responsibilities include software design, development, and test.
- In addition to collaborating with other software engineers, this individual will effectively work with power electronics engineers, welding engineers, project managers, product managers and customers.
- Manage software design work through Miller processes, procedures, tool chains and qualification testing.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and project deliverables. This includes following coding standards, meeting documentation requirements and enabling unit level software testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related degree required.
- Demonstrated experience in embedded software programming.
- Ability to work with multiple tasks independently to complete jobs on time with the right emphasis on priorities.
- Must be a self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and apply knew knowledge.
- An understanding of the source code control and design modeling tools
- Proficiency in programming applications in C or C++
- Experience in numerous embedded controls (e.g. PID control loops, motor control, digital filters, state machines, low-level peripheral drivers, etc.)
This position is located in Appleton, WI and will work at our TIG business unit. Located just north of Lake Winnebago along the shores of the Fox River in Wisconsin, Appleton is a small city with tons of great amenities and almost none of the headaches you’d find in a big city. One of the safest cities in Wisconsin, with a low cost of living and a growing entertainment and food scene, Appleton is increasingly appealing to young families and young professionals. Appleton combines access to top-tier entertainment, restaurants and breweries with the quaint charm of a small town. It’s a perfect combination that makes this Wisconsin city a fabulous place to settle down.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.