Founded in 2013 with an intital focus on providing software to kart clubs and championships, Alpha Timing has built a reputation in the UK as the number one platform for the management and timing of motorsport events.
With big ambitions to become the number one motorsport software platform in the World, Alpha are looking for a passionate and experienced Ruby on Rails engineer to help turbo charge the company to take us to the next level in our global expansion.
In this role you will be assisting in the further development of our web based Competition Event Management System, a tool which is currently used by hundreds of organisers and officials as well as tens of thousands of users in the UK and Ireland. You will be involved in the full project life cycle from helping to spec requirements, database design, automated testing and all the way through to deployment to production.
You will be working with a close knit team with experience in F1 and big blue chip companies.
Day-to-day that means you'll be:
- Collaborating closely with team members to jointly uncover the best solutions to the challenges our customers face
- Implementing those solutions by delivering code that is high quality, performant, supportable and tested
- Managing deployments to production
- Refactoring existing code where necessary
The successful candidate should have:
- At least 2 years commerical Ruby On Rails experience
- A good understanding of how to write efficient database queries
- A decent working knowledge of using Git
- A passion for TDD
A drive to continiously learn and improve
Big plus if you have:
- Experience with React JS
- Mobile experience
What you can expect from us:
- A base salary of £40,000 to £60,000 (depending on experience)
- Annual performance and salary reviews
- 25 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays of course)
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
A new laptop
- This is a fully remote position (unless you live near our Dartford office). If you would prefer to work from a nearby co-working space we are happy to discuss arrangement to make it happen.