No restraints. No limitations. We don’t simply push boundaries. We completely rethink them. McLaren Automotive exists to create breath-taking performance road cars.
With innovation at the core of all we do, every challenge starts with the same question. How can we do it better? This restless spirit runs right through McLaren Automotive. And the search for perfection is evident in everything we do.
Purpose of Role
Work closely with the Global social media Manger and key team members from the Public Relations & Marketing departments you will be expected to deliver outstanding social content which fits with the brand’s strategy and tone of voice.
- Managing the day-to-day handling of all social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, X, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Propose creative and engaging social media content to build brand and product awareness while communicating the company’s brand values. Develop outstanding social first concepts with brand-led storytelling through the creation of engaging and creative visual with a bold and forward-thinking approach. Must be a hungry, creative and knowledgeable social media enthusiast.
- Participate in update and planning meetings, pro-actively coming up with content ideas suitable for all social media channels. We are keen that you will bring fresh ideas to help us deliver outstanding content which separates McLaren Automotive from our competitors.
- Working with our social media agency to build and develop a compelling content calendar that aligns with product launch schedules. Oversee content creation with key team members and ensure on-brand storytelling and seamless execution are achieved. Developing and executing social media strategies to increase engagement and grow our social media communities.
- Be the link between our multiple market regions to ensure social media content is within brand guidelines and to the quality expected for a world leading supercar brand. Working with the regions, look to harvest content that can be applied to the global channels.
- Build relationships with internal departments and act as liaison between the company and external parties / agencies.
- Maintain and update our digital library of assets on Adobe DAM.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of professional experience operating in a similar role, managing social media channels and/or working in a creative environment with a social media focus.
- Knowledge of the latest best practices, tools, and trends on social media platforms with a passion for the automotive industry.
- Knowledge of Sprinklr to be able to interpret data and be able to verbalise results & learnings to the wider business.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office suite (Teams, Outlook, Excel, and Word) and SAP.
- Using apps, software, tech, and production equipment to create & capture content that builds awareness and moves brands forward.
- Strong writing skills, with good storytelling instincts. Highly organised and proactive self-starter with an attention to detail. Ability to work on projects from conception to delivery.
- Great interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- Commitment to the highest standards of integrity, able to work well under pressure both autonomously as well as part of a team. Must be able to work in a fast-paced high-volume environment, where short deadlines are common.
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling, including weekends, and holidays, as social media operates 24 hours a day.
- Willingness to travel both domestically, and internationally, as required.