About the job
This role is responsible for operating, maintaining and developing the McLaren FE simulator and simulator workbench.
- Maintain and prepare the simulator to a high standard to ensure uninterrupted testing
- Operate the simulator platform during testing
- Develop the platform as required in conjunction with the Vehicle Dynamics Department and support functions
- Installation and commissioning of new hardware as required
- Logging and reporting of faults
- Working with the Vehicle Dynamics Department and support functions to rectify faults
- Operate the simulator workbench for software prove out
- Assist with implementing additional control system projects as required
- Experience with simulator platforms in Formula One or another top level motorsport category or mechatronic systems in an equivalent high level engineering industry
- Experience of real time systems (dSpace, XPC, Concurrent etc.)
- Experience with control systems and fault finding of electrical systems and sensors
- Experience of calibrating analogue and digital sensors, signal conditioning and wiring preparation
- Ability to work in small focused teams
- Working accurately and to tight deadlines
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills
- Good communicative skills for both receipt and feedback of engineering information
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.