Mahindra Racing is a motor racing team based in Banbury, United Kingdom, competing with an Indian racing licence. The team is currently competing in the electric FIA Formula E Championship since the inaugural season in 2014.
Simulator Development Engineer - Performance Team - Mahindra Racing
Working as part of the Simulation Group and reporting to the Head of Simulation, the Simulator Development Engineer will be instrumental in the operation and optimisation of the DiL environment for development programmes, event preparation and correlation activities, and in-event support.
- Develop ownership of the whole DiL environment including hardware, software and overall programme operation
- Conduct DiL operations role in conjunction with race and performance engineers for pre- and post-event race support.
- Conduct simulator equipment & software continuous maintenance and development projects, including various vehicle or sub-system models.
- Contribute to the validation and correlation of various vehicle models to ensure validity of simulation results for both laptime and DiL functions.
- Work with the wider Race Engineering and Simulation groups to optimise the driver development program to provide best possible feedback and learning for both driver and engineering teams
- Increasing efficacy of DiL testing time, helping to improve upon operational KPIs and removing unnecessary downtime.
- Experience with the development and use of HiL and DiL systems
- Understanding of both vehicle dynamics and control systems would be highly beneficial
- Strong project management skills, capable of balancing the development and testing needs of multiple departments for the overall objective of optimising car performance on the track
- An understanding of electronics and wiring would be useful in order to conduct modifications to HiL or DiL rigs (including Vector CAPL).
- A clear and confident communicator, able to liaise with operational personnel, engineers, drivers, and suppliers as required.
- Used to working to own initiative
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English
- Works methodically with attention to detail
- Leads by example, can and will motivate his/her team & peers
- Practical approach by using rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
This job description may be changed from time to time to reflect changing business requirements and the job holder may be required to undertake other tasks other than those that are listed that fall reasonably within the scope of the role and grade.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click Apply and submit your CV and Cover Letter.