Mahindra Racing Formula E Team is one of 12 teams competing in the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship. As a founding team in the series, we have been leading the advancement of EV technology and innovation on the highest profile platform in the world. We have the following requirements for a dynamic new team member as we expand capability in our UK facility. The role is on a full-time employed basis & based in our Banbury, Oxfordshire, offices.
This factory-based role gives an exciting opportunity for an experienced mid-level Simulation engineer to significantly contribute to all aspects of our Simulation teams’ duties. The individual selected will be a pragmatic team member led by the Head of Simulation as part of the Performance Group. The role requires individuals to step up and proactively participate in and contribute to all aspects of the simulation group’s core functions across race & test event simulation analysis duties, simulation toolset & methodology development and driver-in-the-loop simulator development and operations.
Key functions & responsibilities of the role:
- Race and Test Event preparation and support
- Simulation tool maintenance and development
- Various tool and model validation and correlation tasks
- Contribute to the improvement of methodologies and processes within the group
- System and sub-system modelling when required
- Support and participation in driver in the loop activities
- Support future car concept development using the appropriate simulation tools.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in similar Simulation or Vehicle Dynamics role in F1, FE, or another top-level motorsport category
- A strong academic result in a relevant engineering degree (2:1 Minimum or equivalent)
- Solid knowledge of vehicle dynamics theory
- Experienced in the use of vehicle simulation and data analysis toolsets. Proficient in the use of Matlab/Simulink. Knowledge of simulator software advantageous
- A proven ability to work to tight deadlines in a group or alone with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work in a dynamic and multicultural environment
- Self-motivation with a will to contribute to race support
- Excellent inter-personal, oral, written and reporting skills to clearly disseminate engineering information in English.
All successful applicants will receive a competitive salary and a strong additional benefits package including complimentary healthcare insurance, generous company pension contribution and a performance related annual bonus scheme.
If you have the skills, desire, dedication and ambition to go above and beyond these requirements and become a leading #passioneer, please apply. Ensure you include a curriculum vitae, covering letter and remuneration expectations.
Strictly No Agencies.