Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our team and have an exciting position available in our Design Department. This is an opportunity for experienced and team-oriented individuals to make a substantial impact within a small, fast-paced team.
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, the team is based in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. Now in our fifth season, we have proven to be competitive with a uniquely designed team that has quickly demonstrated our desire to win!
This position reports to the Head of Structural Design or his designee; is located in Italy. Responsible for structural design and analysis of F1 Chassis related components.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships with all personnel and departments.
- Activity consists of structural analysis and optimization of the car components in order to guarantee solutions with minimum weight, adequate reliability and safety, reaching at the same time the required stiffness targets.
- Methods used are hand-calculations, Finite Element Analysis (both linear and non-linear), software Structural Optimization (topological, shape, composite laminate, etc), automation method, analysis and correlation of experimental data through scripting and programming.
- Involved components cover both Mechanical field (wheel groups, inboard suspensions, transmission etc.) and Composite area (chassis, gearbox, wings, bodywork, suspensions etc.)
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Education and Work Experience:
Must be graduate in Mechanical Engineering. Two years of work experience in the industry, one of which must, preferably, be in a professional motorsports environment.
Equipment and Applications:
- CAD System: Catia V5 (just basic function).
- Abaqus CAE/Abaqus.
- Design Studio/Genisis.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require occasional, domestic, travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.