Renault Sport Racing have an opportunity to join our team at a tremendously exciting time in our history within Formula 1. Within our facility in Enstone, we are looking to hire the most talented individuals to support our mission. An opportunity exists for a highly talented engineer to take an exciting role in our Control Systems and Modelling Group.
Senior Simulation Software Engineer – The Role
The purpose of this factory-based role is the development and maintenance of software tools and simulation models used to support analysis of car and test rig data, and in optimisation and fault-finding activities. You will have responsibility for the development of software tools (using Matlab / Simulink / vTAG) to support analysis of car and test rig data and real-time embedded software development for on-car and off-car controllers. You will be fundamental to the development and exploitation of drivetrain and hydraulic system and sub-system models.
Senior Simulation Software Engineer – The Person
Reporting to the Head of Control Systems and Modelling Group, the successful candidate will need to meet the following requirements:
- They will be a University Engineering Graduate, with a good general technical engineering knowledge, with a sound grasp of vehicle dynamics and professional experience in an engineering role in the automotive sector. Expertise in the use of MATLAB and Simulink.
- Experience in .NET - based application development.
- Experience in the physical modelling of dynamic systems.
- Experience in the use of McLaren Applied Technology software and tools (System Monitor, ATLAS, vTAG, GDE) will be highly desirable.
- Experience in use of physical modelling tools such as DYMOLA and SimScape will provide an advantage.
- Familiarity with F1 or other high-level motor sport activity will provide an advantage.
The candidate must also demonstrate:
- Strong attention to detail and an analytical approach.
- Good problem-solving ability.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Enjoyment of collaborative working.
- The ability to work to a tight schedule.
Candidates will need to be capable of pro-actively working with minimal supervision to tight deadlines, and be confident in communicating in a team environment.
Our offer to you
In return for your hard work and dedication we offer a team with a commitment to return to the highest level of achievement, a unique and friendly working environment and competitive remuneration – including car schemes, pension, free onsite gym, subsidised canteen and many others.