Pratt Miller Engineering is a world-class technology company and a respected leader in motorsports, automotive, defense, and aerospace industries providing clients with advanced engineering and low-volume manufacturing solutions.
Pratt Miller Engineering is seeking an enthusiastic and detailed oriented Sr. Product Engineer to work closely with a team of engineers on the execution of low-volume production programs for the Defense market. The focus will be primarily on hybrid and fully electric vehicles. Candidates should have experience working in small teams focused on fast paced product development. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively across the entire program, while taking responsibility for varying work/products depending on the phases of the programs; Product definition data, requirements definition and tracking, Engineering and Manufacturing Bill of Materials (BOM), technical manuals, production build tracking, supplier management, training programs, and product support.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Product Development Process Lead
- Guide the usage of the appropriate Product Development Tools and Processes
- Function as the voice of the customer and overall product owner
- Manage product manufacturability, serviceability, quality, warranty, and spares
- Part Sourcing and Supplier Development
- Evaluate and source suppliers as prototype and production sources
- Develop part supply timing, track status, and resolve issues
- Develop the build plans for internally produced parts and sub-systems
- Create final production sourcing plan for overall product
- Engineering Documentation Creation and Maintenance
- Compile program guiding requirements
- Cascade the vehicle level requirements to the system and component level
- Maintain the status of requirements sub-system
- Prepare updates and communicate status to management
- Create and maintain BOM’s, manuals, training materials
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Required Experience and Education:
- Technical Bachelor's degree preferred, 7+ years of experience
- Broad base of knowledge in automotive vehicle systems
- Strong technical writing, communication, organization and customer service skills
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
Desired Experience and Skills:
- CAD system experience is a plus
- Experience with hybrid/electric vehicle systems is a plus
- Proactive mentality with outstanding multitasking capabilities
- Ability to function independently in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment
Work will typically be performed in a team-based office environment. Our team members work on collaborative, challenging projects that offer the opportunity to learn from a wide range of expertise and have fun in the process. Travel (up to 10%) may be required for customer and supplier meetings, off-site training, off-site testing, and attendance at industry conferences.
Pratt & Miller offers an excellent benefits package, great work atmosphere, and more. Please check out our website for more information.
This position will require lawful access to ITAR/EAR controlled information and employees in this role will need to meet those requirements. Requirements include US Citizenship, US Permanent Resident or ability to meet licensure requirements.
Pratt Miller is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.