The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation’s major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR consists of three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series™), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour), one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, Americrown Service and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com, and follow NASCAR on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat (‘NASCAR’)
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of a Sr. Manager, Operations based at Watkins Glen International located in Watkins Glen, New York. This position will fulfill a leadership role within the company by assessing various operational requirements for successful event execution and delivering same. Contribute to a superior guest experience by directing the development, implementation and evaluation of systems and processes for facility event activity pertaining to Event Operations.
Company Conformance Statements
In performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Fulfill functions with established budgets.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Carry out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the Sr. Manager, Operations include, but are not limited to:
- Event Operation duties:
- Track Service’s Department (Fireman, Flaggers, Cleanup, & Start finish
- Ambulance / Grandstand Medics (Track Rental & Events)
- Yearly Event/Facility Schedule
- Assist Director of Events w / Event Management (jumbotron’s, shower trailers, porta potties, etc)
- Tent / Chair / Equipment Rental
- Driver/Owner RV Lot Management
- Track Rental Logistics
- Facility / Paddock Management
- Equipment Management
- Code Enforcement
- Medical (Care) Center Coordination
- Facility Rentals
- Event Dispatch Center/Race Control
- Alarm On-Call Standby
- Review applications, interview and hire event staff, assign and direct work, evaluate performance, and address and resolve all staff issues.
- Develop, implement and evaluate all training materials for Operations.
- Serve as supporting supervisor of the Watkins Glen International Event Planning Team, which is responsible for event preparation and evaluation during the race season, and the development, evaluation and adjustment of current policies, procedures and management of event operations.
- Implement and maintain a real-time budget tracking process to improve accrual and forecasting, as well as controlling costs through more efficient planning and procedures.
- Delivery of services within budget.
- Timeliness of delivery of services.
- Completion and fulfillment of assigned projects.
- GEM Survey results.
- Employee Engagement Survey results.
- Proper adherence to legal and risk management policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) and/or 3-5 years of work experience in the outdoor entertainment/event production industry.
- Experience with accounts payable, payroll processing, financial reporting and budgeting.
- Excellent communication and time management skills with friendly and professional demeanor.
- Must be able to work in a team environment interacting with multiple departments.
- Must be well organized with attention to detail.
- Must possess a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic.
Usual office working conditions. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required. Some work required in outdoor conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities, duties and functions. Position may require travel as requested.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about the sport and are united in seeing it grow. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.