The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation’s major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR consists of three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series™), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour), one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, Americrown Service and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com, and follow NASCAR on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat (‘NASCAR’)
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Senior Manager, Event Pricing Strategist, based in our Daytona Beach, Florida office.
The Senior Manager, Event Pricing Strategist supports our mission by evaluating pricing techniques and employs pricing strategies that meet company standards, policies, and procedures. Works closely with data strategy team on complex analysis necessary to make informed price changes. Collaborates with NASCAR-owned tracks to ensure price changes are operating properly. Work in partnership with sales and marketing teams to develop strategies that drive ticket sales while maximize revenue opportunities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Evaluates sales trends to gauge demand and determine optimal price
- Monitors consumer response and sell-through to regularly modify price changes
- Reviews existing price strategies, price mix, quantity, etc., and make recommendations and execute changes in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Examines all consumer and group pricing including advance, variable and dynamic as well as any special priced promotions across all consumer inventory from grandstand seating, camping, race day experiences and hospitality
- Works closely with Data Strategy group on all complex analysis requests as well as Research group to understand market sensitivities as well as special audience segment testing
- Utilizes pricing tool to assist with monitoring and implementing price changes
Required skills / experience:
- Minimum two years’ experience working with a dynamic pricing tool
- Experience working with a ticketing software, preferably Tickets.com, is a plus
- Qualified candidate must have a strong working knowledge of current sports ticket sales and pricing strategies
- Sports or entertainment box office experience preferred
- 4-year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to manage projects from conception to implementation
- Familiarity with the sport of NASCAR is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Self-starter, able to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. At NASCAR, you will find a community of diverse individuals respectful of our history, with an eye towards the future. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.