Senior Development Engineer – Indycar Trackside
We are looking for someone with a highly developed, experience-led, intuitive approach to maximising Race Engine performance. If that’s you, come and join Ilmor’s team in developing the Chevrolet IndyCar V6 engine to achieve peak driver-track performance. You will travel to the US to provide race weekend trackside support as part of a rotating support team.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 10 years in High-Performance Engine Calibration and Trackside Development
- In depth knowledge of full engine dynamometer and sub-system rig testing
- An excellent grasp of Engine Performance Testing Methodologies
- Experience in communicating with drivers and race teams, to best harness the engine and achieve optimum car performance
These will be supported by your
- Strong understanding of engineering principles and IC engine systems
- Competence in planning and executing testing activities, analysing car engine data and reporting findings in a clear and succinct manner
- Knowledge of combustion pressure measurements and data analysis (e.g. AVL Indicom)
Combined with this experience, it is essential that you possess:
- Honesty and integrity at all times
- A collaborative approach to team success
- The ability to influence in multi-faceted project teams
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability and flexibility to meet Racing Calendar deadlines
- A determination and commitment to Project deliverables
You would be working for a business highly invested in technology, at the forefront of engineering developments and in an environment where the culture retains a family feel. You will have the opportunity to learn new skills and develop your Engineering capabilities.
The position oﬀers an attractive salary which will be commensurate with your experience. Additional beneﬁts include performance related bonus, non-contributory pension scheme, life assurance and private medical insurance.
To be considered you must already have the right to work in the UK. Please respond by Friday 8th October 2021 with your CV and a covering letter
No AGENCIES or RECRUITMENT CONSULTANTS please