Vermont SportsCar is growing and we're searching for our next team member to join the Engineering team.
The Senior Design Engineer is responsible for the design and documentation of Vermont SportsCar products. The DE will be involved in all stages of product development, from establishing design requirements through production drawings. DE works closely with Engineering, Technician, Fabrication, and Parts departments.
· Create and/or revise 3D CAD models and drawings for production.
· Document non-VSC parts (including reverse-engineering), part modifications and fixtures for future reference.
· Create and maintain bill of materials (BOMs).
· Perform quality control of manufactured parts to ensure correct material selection and part tolerances. Comfortable using typical metrology tools found in a fabrication or machine shop.
· Regularly interact with other departments to support project builds.
· SolidWorks CAD – strong experience, including sheet metal design and large assemblies.
· Surfacing skills are highly desired.
· PDM experience (and working in a multi-user environment) desired.
· Familiarity with configuration management best practices.
· Finite element analysis (FEA) experience is a plus.
· Microsoft Office (or equivalent) – Word, Excel.
· Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative, flexibility and attention to detail is required.
· Must understand and appreciate the importance of being a team player with a “can-do” attitude.
· Must be willing and able to travel within the United States and to other countries as needed.
Education and Experience:
· 4 year Engineering Degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
· 5 years of design work in automotive or similar field.
· Design of automotive parts, assemblies, and systems – machined, fabricated, and composites; electrical a plus.
· Design drafting experience & familiarity with ASME Y14 standards. GD&T a plus.
· Reverse engineering using traditional hand measuring tools; laser scanner / digitizing arm (Faro / Romer) experience a plus.
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes, sheet metal, welding, machining.
· Fixture and/or mold design a plus.
· General knowledge of automotive systems.