Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning grand Prix’s for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
Working within the concept design group you will be right at the heart of the design process, collaborating closely with aerodynamicists and full-size car designers to create high quality, high performance surfaces.
Key operational duties:
- Generate high quality surfaces at a fast pace to support the CFD, wind tunnel and race car programs.
- Work alongside aerodynamicists to understand the definition and requirements of all new surfaces, including construction approach.
- Work with full size car engineers to understand race car requirements and opportunities.
- Develop a good understanding of the regulations to ensure all surfaces are legal.
- In the senior role you will be expected to provide guidance to other engineers and take a lead in key aspects of the group’s work.
- Excellent team player and able to work effectively with other groups.
- High level of creativity and with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and with a high degree of reactivity.
- Highly CAD literate. Knowledge of NX would be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite.
The Williams Group are based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ drive from Wantage, our closest town center.