Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning grand Prix’s for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
The aerodynamics design team has opportunities in both bodywork and mechanical groups. The bodywork group produces high quality wind tunnel model components from aerodynamic schemes, while the mechanical group develops the wind tunnel model architecture and
Key operational duties:
- Design wind tunnel bodywork or mechanical components at a fast pace and with a keen eye for aerodynamic detail and design accuracy.
- Work closely with aerodynamicists to understand and achieve aerodynamic intent of parts.
- Refine designs to achieve an effective and high-quality wind tunnel experiment.
- Follow projects to ensure successful realisation through manufacture, pre-fit and test.
- Work closely with manufacturing and model shop to understand performance of parts and opportunities for further refinement.
- Work closely with full size designers and stress engineers on critical components.
- Excellent team player and able to work effectively with other groups.
- Able to apply novel and creative thinking to design problems.
- Able to work at a fast pace and with a high degree of reactivity.
- Experience of design in a fast-paced environment. F1 experience is not essential.
- Extensive experience of surface/solid modelling using CAD software.
- Qualified in engineering through apprenticeship, HNC, HND or degree.
The Williams Group are based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town center.