There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
About Sales, Service and Marketing (SSM)
Driving all General Motors Sales for North America this group is made up of Chevrolet, Buick, GMC brands as well as our Sales Operations groups. For the race enthusiast we house the Motorsports and accessories which provide a large contribution to the revenue of SSM. SSM is also the home to all of GM’s marketing groups- from auto shows, to new vehicle launches. If commercial, rental or government is your passion check out SSM’s Fleet space where we support rental companies as well as commercial businesses and local/federal government. SSM has a mix of sales, support and analytics – see what drives GM!
About This Role
Interns will be exposed to the various functions of Sales Operations that support the Channels in achieving sales goals. You will be able to use your analytical, creative, and innovative thinking. Your engagement with Strategic Analysis will provide you with a well-rounded experience of how operational decisions are made. Depending on your preference and capabilities:
- You will gain insight to key Sales Operations areas that include identifying/analyzing market opportunities, how to address sales/performance deficiencies, and business management performance improvement strategies.
- You will receive training on how to use multiple data sources to complete GM internal and competitor analytics, which includes a full analysis on the background, recent performance and future plans for major competitors. You will have opportunities to present these topics in team meetings and to leadership.
Additional Job Description
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree focused in Sales, Marketing, or related fields of study
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Sophomore status or above
- Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities or service organizations
- Able to work full-time: 40 hours per week during the summer months
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and collaboration skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
Housing assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.