Road America is seeking an individual to fill a full-time position as a Group Sales. This individual will be responsible for corporate sales in our programs, group hospitality, and partnerships. Work with marketing team to plan, assist, and develop marketing strategies.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Business Development by acquiring new customers, grow revenue from existing customers, and strengthen customer relations.
- Research and identify industries and organizations to solicit for partnerships.
- Maintain high level of customer service to existing and new corporate customers.
- Regularly attend networking and community events to build professional network.
- Work closely with the team to execute agreements and communicate with operations and assist as needed.
- Prospect and secure sales meetings through existing relationships as well as cold calling locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Collaborate with the leadership team on priorities and approach to the market.
- Collaborate with hospitality coordinator to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with outside vendors to build relationships.
- Plan, assist and develop marketing strategies.
- Assist team with event staffing and training needs.
- Meet and exceed yearly sales goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3+ years of sales experience.
- A good understanding of hospitality industry.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated with strong work ethic, results orientated and ability to thrive in a fast passed environment.
- Strong technical skills in all aspects or Windows and Microsoft Office.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, sit, stand, talk, hear, and use hands. The employee is subject to the outside environment conditions such as cold weather or extreme heat. Also, subject to noise and fast-moving objects. Must have the ability to lift at least 25 lbs. occasionally.
45+ hours per week. Hours can be long and vary by week and event type. The candidate must be willing to workdays, nights, and weekends on occasion to support events.