Williams Grand Prix Engineering is investing in its planning and project management capability and we’re excited to announce a number of roles that will be critical to the success of our future F1 car programmes.
Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning grand Prix’s for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
We are seeking a high calibre Resource Planning Manager to join our F1 Planning team, reporting to our Planning Director. If you are passionate about understanding and improving business performance through planning, and want to work with a cross-functional team to deliver performance improvement across the breadth of our F1 team, then we would be interested to hear from you.
Our F1 operation is built around delivering a series of complex projects to quality, time and budget. Projects range from race specific developments to full car programmes, involving input from a wide range of business functions. The Resource Planning Manager role is to give us a better understanding of our capacity, constraints and lead times and to work with a range of functions to improve our delivery performance. You will be improving the management of capacity and demand, both within our own organisation and our supply chain. You will also work closely with the F1 Programme Management team to drive improvement in our planning processes and systems.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent academic background with a degree in engineering / science / maths or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience in operations and supply chain planning – ideally a mix of improvement and operational roles
- Proven experience in gathering, analysing and prioritising information from stakeholders across an organisation
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills including use of Excel
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to apply creative and innovative thinking, and challenge the status quo
- Ability to communicate a coherent message to a varied audience
- Ability to develop and nurture a diverse range of working relationship
This is an exciting opportunity to further develop your career with a varied and high profile role within a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment.
The Williams Group are based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town center.