We are looking for a Freelance Researcher, Broadcast Project for Motorsport.TV Live.
Preparation and output of Live Events and News
- Work alongside Producer and Editorial team to prepare broadcasts
- Brief and support Presenter ahead of and during broadcasts
- Gather and fact-check information
- Write briefing notes and scripts
- Prepare graphics, stats, stills and footage
- Liaise with Motorsport editorial and social media teams
- Book and brief guests in studio or remotely; set up live 2 way links
- Floor Management
- Monitor Social Media for reactions to stories and incorporate in content
- Edit packages and write script
- Help the Producer prepare regular broadcasts
- Source and update stories on scripts and on-screen graphics
- Find and edit visual materials ; check stats and facts
- Book and brief guests in studio
- Monitor social media for reactions and assist the Presenter.
- Writing scripts and editing packages for broadcast and social media.
Skills and Experience Required:
- As this is a new project, roles and processes will adapt so candidates should be flexible and relish the opportunity to work in new ways.
- Training will be provided for new technology.
- Live studio experience with excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to generate and fact-check stories and book and brief contributors
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail are vital as is the ability to work well under pressure.
- Experience working in a live broadcasting environment
- Excellent communication and teamwork
A knowledge of Motor Sport is essential for candidates along with strong interpersonal skills and an eagerness to learn.
Candidates should thrive working under pressure, be able to easily prioritise workflow and have high standards of accuracy.