Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Rich Energy Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our team and have an exciting position available in our Race Team Support department. This is an opportunity for experienced and team-oriented individuals to make a substantial impact within a small, fast-paced team.
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Rich Energy Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, the team is based in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. Now in our fourth season, we have proven to be competitive with our uniquely-designed team that has quickly demonstrated a desire to win!
This position reports to the Race Team Support Supervisor or their designee when factory based and the Chief Mechanic when traveling with the race team; located in Banbury, UK. Responsible for the assembly, servicing and repair of the Haas Formula 1 Team race car.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Ensure that the car is built consistently to the highest standards and meets the relevant set up parameters and all the criteria of the build specification.
- Take responsibility for the presentation, service, overhaul and specification of the 3rd and 4th chassis, pit stop car and Pit stop equipment in line with the expectations of the Race Team Chief Mechanic.
- Guaranteeing that the cars are consistently assembled in a safe and reliable manner.
- Required to demonstrate a company focused attitude organizing and guiding your team whilst keeping morale high when fulfilling the often-difficult goals set by Design, Engineering and Management to meet the Companies expectations for future success.
- An integral part of the team, take part in pit stops, pit stop training and assist other team members in various tasks as required.
- Required to direct your crew when at the factory, during running sessions both at Race Weekends and Test events ensuring that the car operates in a professional and safe manner constantly whilst guaranteeing that Engineering requirements and changes are met promptly and accurately.
- Responsibility for the cleanliness and condition of your work area, the garage, the factory and all tools and equipment.
- Following Engineering procedures and protocols as dictated by the Haas F1 Team pertaining to assembly, operation and safety. Record and feedback parameters and incidences as they occur or as requested by the Engineering group.
- Report reliability issues as they occur and seek advice before undertaking any out of the ordinary tasks.
- Assist the Team and the Chief Mechanic with other technical duties and tasks as they may occur.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Race Team Support Supervisor or their designee.
Education and Work Experience:
Previous experience as a Race Car Mechanic gained within the field of high level motorsport.
GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required. Further education including Trade School, Apprenticeship or University Degree desired. 3 years of work experience, some of which must be in a professional motorsports environment. Experience in a leadership role beneficial.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- An ability to read and interpret technical drawings and information pertaining to assembly, periodic updates and modifications.
- A comprehensive mechanical understanding gained in a high-level motorsport environment
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards with an exceptional attitude towards attention to detail.
- You should be comfortable discussing engineering solutions and requirements and demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Basic fabrication and machining skills.
- A sympathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to integrate within a group environment.
- A can do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
Equipment and Applications:
- Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow complex regulations related to shipment of materials and facility maintenance requirements.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritise within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require extensive international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.