Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our team and have an exciting position available in our Race Team. This is an opportunity for experienced and team-oriented individuals to make a substantial impact within a small, fast-paced team.
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, the team is based in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. Now in our fourth season, we have proven to be competitive with our uniquely-designed team that has quickly demonstrated a desire to win!
This position reports to the Race Team Chief Mechanic or their designee; is located in Banbury, UK. Responsible for the assembly and servicing of the Haas Formula 1 race car both trackside and at the Banbury factory. You will work as part of a team of Mechanics ensuring the car is built in a methodical fashion whilst adhering to strict deadlines.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- You will ensure that the car is built consistently to the highest standards and meets the relevant set up parameters and all the criteria of the build specification.
- Ensuring that the area or parts of the car assigned to you are consistently assembled in a safe and reliable manner.
- Accountability for the condition and appearance of the car which should be maintained to the highest levels at all times.
- You will be expected to be an integral part of the team, take part in pit stops and assist other team members in various tasks as required.
- Responsibility for the cleanliness and condition of your work area, the garage, the factory and all tools and equipment.
- Following Engineering procedures and protocols as dictated by the Haas F1 Team pertaining to assembly, operation and safety.
- Report reliability issues as they occur and seek advice before undertaking any out of the ordinary tasks.
- Assist in the set up and operation of the garage and its infrastructure.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Race Team Chief Mechanic or their designee.
Education and Work Experience:
GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required. Further education including Trade School, Apprenticeship or University Degree may benefit your application. Previous experience as a No 2 Mechanic gained within the field of Formula 1 will be preferred however consideration will be given to a candidate who can demonstrate a sound record of service within the industry.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- An ability to read and interpret technical drawings and information pertaining to assembly, periodic updates and modifications.
- A comprehensive mechanical understanding gained in a high level motorsport environment.
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards with an exceptional attitude towards attention to detail.
- You should be comfortable discussing engineering solutions and requirements and demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Basic fabrication and machining skills.
- A sympathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to integrate within a group environment.
- A can do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
Equipment and Applications:
- Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office products.
- A solid mechanical aptitude gained in the Motorsport arena.
- Ability to follow complex technical drawings and procedures.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require extensive domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.