Race Support Technician
MRTC are specialists in the provision of high quality, customised communication systems for motorsport and have over 40 years of experience working with our customers in many championships such as Formula One, Formula E, WEC, F2, F3, BTCC, DTM, ELMS, Extreme E and many more series throughout the world. Our workshop and offices are based at Stanford on Soar and we currently employ around 35 members of staff. We focus on the provision and technical support of radio and intercom products at race events around the world. We are now looking at expanding and want new members of staff to join our ever-growing team!
The successful applicant will be responsible for undertaking radio programming, network set up and fault-finding activities to ensure that a first-class service is provided to the trackside teams and organisers. You will conduct repairs on driver communications, you will liaise with teams, circuit IT staff, Race Control and television crews to solve any routing, intercom or network problems that occur. You may be required to liaise with customers regarding trunking links from the events back to their home-base operations rooms.
The position requires excellent customer communication, sound analytical and problem-solving skills, the ability to work in high pressure environments and a willingness to travel abroad regularly. The position is on a full-time basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct Radio, Intercom, IP set up and maintenance activities
- Work efficiently to restore service, highlight and escalate issues or deficiencies
- Equipment reprogramming and latest equipment configuration installations
- Understand and interpret design documentation and work instructions
- Testing and certifying new systems and equipment
- Determine the customer’s requirements through regular contact at events
- Stay informed on fault progress and solutions
- Carry out workshop role, as directed by the Workshop Manager, when not on event
Desired Skills, Attributes & Qualifications (Please note that on the job training will be given)
- Radio, Telecommunications, IT systems experience
- Demonstrable experience in operational communications
- Good understanding of internet protocol and IP Multi Services Networks
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure are vital
- Advanced Apprenticeship – Information Communication Technologies
- Diploma for IT Practitioners or higher
- Membership of the Institute of Engineering and Technology