Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our team and have an exciting position available in our Planning department. This is an opportunity for experienced and team-oriented individuals to make a substantial impact within a small, fast-paced team.
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, the team is based in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. Now in our fourth season, we have proven to be competitive with our uniquely-designed team that has quickly demonstrated a desire to win!
Reporting to the Global Programme Manager a team member is sought to manage, support and develop data management and utilization within the Haas F1 Team. This data with be focused on the engineering data for the car including its integrity and its usage across the team and external suppliers.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Analyse BoM to CAD Alignment and drive alignment with other departments
- Maintain race and driver DMU configurations
- Manage and maintain zonal and functional data filters within the Haas PLM system
- Ensure correct content is managed in supplier collaboration spaces
- Manage CAD data import activity with design partners and supplier
- Manage CAD data export activity with design partners and suppliers
- Track lifecycle maturity states and make immature maturity public in line with project plans and race schedule
- Create and maintains part demand data in our ERP system based on BOM content
- Analyse and manage standard and consumable part management and highlight potential rationalisations
- Comply with and enforce safety standards in all venues, follows and implement parts policies, guidelines and procedures
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Global Programme Manager or their designee
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or Business, 2 years of experience of planning in an automotive or discrete manufacturing environment.
- Motorsports experience a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet liability/casualty insurance requirements.
- Experience working in an international environment desirable.
- English written and verbal skills required, Italian skills a plus.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Capable of working in a team environment to a very high standard and a positive work attitude.
- Ability to create Bills of Materials from multiple sources and determine correct supply levels to race team.
- Knowledge of Project Management processes.
- Ability to foresee project risks and advise corrective actions to offset risks.
- Be extremely self-driven and able to work efficiently with little or no daily supervision.
- A quick thinker, be a flexible and adaptive character with the ability to react to and solve problems with speed and efficiency, sometimes under high pressure.
- Expectational communication skills with the ability to interact and influence cross-functional teams to drive performance.
- Understanding of supply chain and manufacturing in an engineering environment.
- A sympathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to integrate within a group environment.
- A can-do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
Equipment and Applications
- Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Dynamics AX, MS Project or planning software and PLM software (3DX)
- Ability to follow complex regulations related to shipment of materials and facility maintenance requirements.
Work Environment Physical Demands
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require occasional domestic & international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.