Nissan e.dams has been competing in motorsport and the FIA Formula E World Championship for many years and is looking for a skilled and experienced race engineer to contribute to the team’s development.
Race engineer – The role
Your main assignments will be as follows:
- You will be the key point of contact for the driver and the team, in charge of one race car at all race events, from technical aspects to sporting aspects and driver support
- You will coordinate all the engineering tasks to support car performance
- You will build the run plan to optimise track time and maximise technical learning from track running
- You will coach and communicate with the driver, the specialist engineers, and the team management to ensure alignment for performance and results purposes
- You will contribute to event preparation with analysis and simulation
- You will analyse data post event and make appropriate reports, extracting main performance metrics to share development directions with the team
Race engineer – The profile:
You have at least three years’ experience as a race engineer in a high level motorsport environment (FE, F1, WEC…), ideally with previous performance engineering experience. You have a mechanical engineering degree.
You have very good communication skills, and the ability to manage a team of people around you. Your ability to work as part of a team and support a driver are key skills you demonstrate in your current position.
You are able to work under pressure and keep the driver calm in all situations.
Fluency in English is of course mandatory, as well as command of a second language (French ideally).
Your working hours are flexible and you are willing to travel all over the world.
If your profile and expectations match with this great opportunity at Nissan e.dams, please click apply and send your resume and cover letter.