Founded by Jay Penske in 2007, DRAGON / PENSKE AUTOSPORT is an American racing team which became one of the 12 teams competing in the all-electric FIA Formula E World Championship. This is an opportunity for a highly skilled team player to join us and make the difference.
Dragon is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and competition.
Dragon is seeking an experienced Race Engineer who will be responsible for the engineering of one of our racing car and driver at all race events, tests and simulator attendances.
- Responsible for the engineering of one of our Formula E car and driver at all events and tests in the Formula E World Championship.
- Work independently and within a team group to define and deliver performance for races, tests and simulation events.
- Extract the maximum performance from the cars and drivers at each event.
- Work within the team to collectively develop the engineering capability and knowledge of the team.
- Creating session plans for cars and drivers
- Highlevel driver management skills with a confidence inspiring communicative approach
- Ability to plan and schedule engineering tasks but also adapt during dynamically changing conditions and circumstances on and off the track
Specialized Knowledge and skills:
- Mechanical degree
- Proven high level Race Engineering and Performance Engineering experience.
- indepth knowledge of vehicle dynamics and intervention control systems
- data analysis and simulation software skills
- Strong Science, Physics and Data driven background.
- Good communications skills with a requirement to work effectively within a team to develop, progress and adopt performance concepts.
- Ability to think outside the box
- React professionally and take decision within tight deadlines and high pressure environment
- A positive approach and a willingness to support colleagues.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require extensive domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
- The team’s motto is “e pluribus unum,” meaning, “out of many, emerges one.” We place the highest value on integrity, self-motivation, impeccable attention to detail, relentless determination, resilience, and the ability to collaborate and work as a team in an honest and high-pressure environment. We regularly go above and beyond and are committed to doing whatever is necessary to achieve our goals and make our ambitions a reality. We expect the same from everyone on our team.