Job Title: Race Car Technology Instructor
Posting Number: 1672
Job Schedule: Part Time
Job Shift: Varied
OCR Code / Classification2 - Instructor - Faculty
The Part-time Instructor, Race Car Technology will teach a variety of classes in the Race Car Technology Program. Experience with chassis set-up and suspension, and EFI engine tuning preferred.
Associate’s Degree or higher. ** Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a US Dept of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACSCOC.
Two years or more of industry or racing experience.
- Experience with chassis set-up and suspension.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Two years or more of teaching experience.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as designated by the department chairperson and approved by the dean.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required College records including attendance and grade reports, roll books, etc.
- Make recommendations to Department Chair for supplies, equipment, and equipment repairs.
- Construct, administer, and grade examinations.
- Assume responsibility for being familiar with and adhering to all policies of the College.
- Treat others respectfully, speak to others courteously and behave in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Model an understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear
- The employee may frequently stand, walk, and sit
- The employee may occasionally reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, disinfecting chemicals, burns from hot surfaces such as internal batteries, and other environmental factors that are commonly found in the computer support environments
- Encounters low to moderate exposure to toxic or caustic/hazardous materials
- Encounters low to moderate noise levels in the work environment
- Encounters risk of exposure to communicable diseases, blood exposure, or possible contact with blood and body fluids due to classroom and lab environment
Posting Detail Information
Open Date: 04/26/2022
Close Date: Open Until Filled
If you require assistance, please call HR at 336-734-7302. AA/EOE.