Pentaxia is one of the leading UK companies in the rapidly expanding Advanced Composite market. We work with a range of market sectors, from aerospace to medical, from Motorsport to luxury automotive. The Company is family owned and is heavily investing in Research and Development to ensure it remains at the forefront of technological and capability development. Wherever possible we promote from within the Company, but this role covers areas where we are introducing additional processes and approvals and we feel the Company will benefit from recruiting a person with relevant previous experience. Pentaxia has a dynamic Management Team with a “can do” mentality and we are seeking someone who wants to thrive in such an environment.
About the role:
The QHSE Systems Officer shall aid the introduction and development of IATF 16949 system for composites manufacturing. Adding IATF 16949:2016 our current ISO AS9100D standard and shall implement the ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 systems going forward in 2020.
- Control the day-to-day operations including auditing, meetings, training and updating documents and records for all aspects of the system.
- Evaluate and analyse QHSE issues in production and introduce corrective and preventive actions.
- Liaise with management and staff to ensure continued QHSE integration into core operations.
- Monitor and ensure that all Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation is complied with and ensure a safe working environment for all team members within a busy manufacturing and service environment. Manage the Company Safety file.
- Conduct Continuous Improvement processes to improve processes and procedures.
- The role requires active participation at all levels, from strategy through to implementation as well as actively influencing and motivating a variety of people to ensure commitment to the overall QHSE systems.
- Have relevant engineering qualifications and have a minimum three years’ experience, ideally in a similar sector.
- Quality Management experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Should be familiar with IATF 16949:2016 Quality Management Standard, ISO 45001:2018 Health and Safety Management, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management.
- Be comfortable developing the Company’s QHSE systems and encouraging a culture of excellence and compliance.
- Be knowledgeable with all aspects of the above standards, relevant legislation and compliance requirements.
- Have excellent verbal and written English with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels within the Company.
- Have a high level of competency and accuracy in writing and maintaining clear and professional documentation relating to integrated management systems.
- Possess strong planning, organisational, teamwork and presentation skills.
- Be computer literate with Microsoft Office to a proficient level with good typing skills.
- Onsite canteen facilities - subsidised pricing for breakfast & lunches
- Free onsite parking
- Large & newly refurbished facilities
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme-which you'll automatically be enrolled into from the day you join
- Early Friday finish
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Overtime paid at appropriate rate for weekdays & weekend
- Working with passionate and nice people!
Competitive package to be offered to the right candidate