KW Special Projects Ltd requires a Quality Engineer to join the team in this ambitious and growing high performance engineering business. We are looking for someone with a “can do” attitude and strong lateral thinking skills, who is excited by the engineering process and can apply their skills to a variety of diverse projects using their initiative and knowledge.
KW Special Projects is a high-performance design and engineering solution provider based in Bicester at the heart of the Silverstone Technology Cluster. KWSP uses the speed and agility of the motorsport industry upon which it was founded to provide cutting-edge, on-demand design and engineering services.
By transferring knowledge and technology from one sector to another they develop novel solutions to their clients’ challenges which have led to them working on projects from Additively Manufactured Batteries through to equipment for Professional Sports Teams.
However, they are still most well known for their expertise within the Automotive & Motorsport world and to this day continue to leverage their motorsport DNA to deliver complete engineering solutions for high-performance and niche vehicles.
Our capabilities include
- High Performance Engineering
- Digital Fabrication
- Additive Manufacturing
- Lightweight structures and composites
- Industrial Inkjet
- High Performance Engineering project management
- Special purpose machine design and manufacture
About the role
Opportunities for Career Development
KWSP is a small but growing business. For someone with the right “can do” attitude, technical skill and initiative there may be future opportunities within the business
Person Specification: Core competencies and experience.
All applicants are required to have;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Evidence of client or customer facing experience
- Proven and skilled use of CAD (CATIA v5 preferred)
- Able to interpret engineering drawing requirements (GD&T)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications
- Ability to support creation of specifications within budget and timing requirement
- An understanding of drawing office procedures and ability to adapt and implement as business and projects develop
- Ability to interrogate and analyse FEA, CFD and simulation techniques as appropriate
- Proven skills in detailed analysis from first principles thinking
- Clear understanding of good working practices and processes
- Valid UK driving licence
- Auditing experience
- Understanding ISO9001 requirements
The successful applicant will be;
- A problem solver/have strong lateral thinking skills
- Flexible, takes initiative and can easily adapt
- Demonstrate high attention to detail
- Prepared to get hands on
- Work effectively under pressure
- Show commitment and dedication to quality ensure customers requirements are always met
- Tenacious in meeting deadlines
- Proactive in health and safety best practices
- Have continuous improvement mentality
- Define, create, and manage a strategy for meeting the programmes quality requirement
- Ensuring customers’ requirements are being met through establishing robust internal processes and providing engineering feedback where required
- Managing and continuously improving an agile quality management system and team
- Supporting FMEA activities
- Provide guidance to the inspection team and ensuring quality best practices are being followed
- Creating close working relationships with composite suppliers to ensure the development of safety critical parts are robustly manufactured
- Auditing suppliers for approval or performance assessment of new and existing suppliers
- Developing strategies to ensure visual carbon composites are in line with the customer requirements whilst having a right-first-time mentality
- Utilising 8D principles as a basis for effective problem resolution and able to facilitate the resolution of complex, cross functional issues
- Actively working with suppliers to collaboratively develop product specifications to align with process capability
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
The role may require you to work out of main office hours or to travel around the UK or abroad and spend periods of time with our customers off site.
Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply and submit your CV and a Cover Letter.