Established for over 45 years, Velden is seeking an experienced Quality Control Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and forward-thinking subcontract manufacturing company which services many industries including Motorsport, F1 and supporting the rapidly growing electric car market.
The successful candidate will be part of a small QC team responsible for monitoring, testing, and inspecting all manufactured products to ensure they meet the specified standards.
- Involvement in all aspects of Quality Control relating to production.
- Inspection of parts returning from outside processes.
- Responsible for inspection of bought out material and castings
- One of the contacts for all visiting inspectors and Production queries.
- Facilitate calibration of all Inspection & Test Equipment.
- Maintain product conformity- Raise and action supplier rejects & Customer NCR's (CQR & DMN) system.
- Customer facing and one of the internal Point of contact for quality control queries.
- Interpretation of all dimensional requirements relating to units in manufacture via drawings / specifications.
- Operation of all inspection equipment and generation of output documentation resulting from inspections.
- Proactively promote and contribute to the quality culture of the business.
The Person / Skills Required
The successful candidate will ideally have had a proven background in CNC machining, preferably having served a recognised apprenticeship or equivalent qualification before moving into a Quality based role.
- Point of contact and advice for all issues relating to quality control within the production areas.
- Provide and assist with completion of documentation relating to Quality Control including, Inspection
- Reports and Certificates of Conformity, PPAP Information, ISIR's, 8D reporting.
- Liaise with Customers in relation to quality control issues when required.
- Communicate all pertinent information to the Quality Assurance Manager as and when issues arise.
- Make key decisions over Re-work- Scrap being required or not - communicate to Production Manager / Quality Assurance Manager when required.
- Ensure all production inspection requirements are met on a daily basis.
- Capable of using inspection equipment to check internal and external products to ensure conformity
- Collaborate in a team environment to continuously improve ways and working
- Work flexibly and efficiently as part of the manufacturing team and to support other team members as required, comply with all quality, health & safety and environmental rules and policies
The Successful Applicant Will Receive
- Excellent rate of pay depending on experience
- Overtime available based on business needs and paid at premium rates
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Loyalty scheme with an additional day's holiday for every 5 years completed
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid training
- Death in service life insurance scheme
- Workwear and PPE provided
Hours of Work
7:30am - 4pm Monday to Thursday 7:30am - 1pm Friday