A self-motivated Project Manager with experience in automotive industry; acting as the key liaison among all involved BILSTEIN sites & functions; responsible for planning, execution, monitoring, controlling, and closing of new product development and launch projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing a project team without direct supervisory responsibility.
- Establish the definition of projects, and determine projects’ scope with other stakeholders inside and outside of the company
- Develop and follow project plans, (schedule, resource, and financial)
- Monitor progress of projects, ensure that milestones are achieved, and convey summary project status reports to leadership.
- Leads cross-functional/ cross-continental locations Project Teams from Manufacturing, Quality, Design, Development, & Purchasing to bring new product into production per planned timetables.
- Support plant production preparation activities.
- Responsible for customer projects, supporting RFQ and Quotation process, communicating with customer to provide updated status, and facilitating job sharing with Bilstein internal departments and customers
- Evaluate project results including confirmation of project deliverables and coordinate lessons learned, opportunities for improvement for future project teams.
- Establish and improve product development procedures with involvement of the other related departments
- Work with applicable ERP and Databases to track the status of projects at different stages, and/or create summary reports
- The position may require travelling nationally and internationally up to 20%.
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all safety and environmental policies in the workplace. Advocates for and promotes a safe work environment by reporting Near Misses and/or other safety and environmental hazards, wearing all required PPE and encouraging others to do the same.
- Ensures compliance and safety of all activities within the organization standards and policies.
Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Knowledge in ISO TS16949, Process Flows, and Control Plans required
- 5+ years Automotive experience preferred
- 2+ years’ experience supervising technical personnel preferred
- Experience in Automotive Aftermarket preferred
- Lean Manufacturing experience required
- Proven record of successful management of cross-functional project teams for design, development and introduction of new products required.
- Experience in a technical role in the product lifecycle process required.
- Must be able to multi task, handle diversity and provide leadership through problem resolution.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
- Inspiring degree of initiative and drive, including a dynamic personality with the ability to influence others.
- Demonstrates exceptional presentation ability, including written and oral, to all levels of management.
- Advanced working knowledge of Power Point, Visio, and Excel.
- Working knowledge with SAP, Oracle, MS. Access, and SmartSheet are plus.
- Highly organized with ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behaviors in all activities; maintains accountability for performance.
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed organizational and communication skills.
- Proven experience developing work processes to improve outcomes for the team/customers.
- Possesses a stable work history, preferably in a manufacturing environment, and a strong personal desire to work safely and maintain a safe working environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Project Management, Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) a plus
This is us – your new employer
Bilstein of America, Inc. is a world class manufacturer of suspension solutions headquartered in Hamilton, Ohio USA. thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America supplies products to a wide range of Original Equipment Automotive Manufacturers as well as Aftermarket and Motorsports.
thyssenkrupp Bilstein stands for innovation and High-Tech in suspension technology worldwide. With competence in the entire suspension system, the company supplies products across the complete damping and suspension spectrum through manufacturing facilities in Europe, America and China.
Moreover, thyssenkrupp Bilstein has been a preferred partner in motorsport and automobile tuning for many years. thyssenkrupp Bilstein is an operational business unit in the area of Components Technology.