The McLaren name is synonymous with motorsport. The story across five decades of racing at the pinnacle of global motorsport is of restless technical development with characters of passion and true grit, all with a single-minded determination to succeed.
With a backdrop of continued growth and success, McLaren Automotive is now consolidating its motorsport strategy with specific aims; enriching the customer’s experience on and off track, broadening the McLaren brand appeal to a wider global audience and delivering motorsport experiences that are best in class.
To support our extensive growth within Motorsport we are looking for a Project Data Coordinator to join us through this exciting period of growth.
Purpose of the role:
As Project Data Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting Motorsport Engineering function groups in the design and release of Motorsport projects, system and programmes.
This role will play a critical part in ensuring the successful and timely release of components and systems through our SAP system whilst also maintaining the integrity of our data.
- Collaborate with the Project Engineers in the creation of bills of materials, part numbers, engineering change requests and completion of engineering change.
- Support the Project Leaders in the generation and management of the ETRS (Engineering Timing Release Schedule).
- Alongside Project Engineers be part of the generation and management of the Project Definition Specification.
- Coordinate and support function groups to ensure release requirements driven by ETRS are understood and met.
- Maintain all aspects of part data including colour coding and configuration.
- Creation and communication of production bill of materials.
- Validation of BoMs before new variants or options are loaded into production.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work unsupervised on own initiative
- Advanced Microsoft office skills especially within Excel
- Experience using SAP systems desirable
- Good presentation skills
- Clear thinker with an open mind to absorb new knowledge.
- Delivery focused & self-motivated to deliver excellence and perform beyond targets.
- Strong communication skills through all mediums
- Good organisational skills and ability to project manage tasks both internally and with supplier(s)
- Must have a flexible approach to working hours, travel requirements and adaptability to changing and multiple priorities
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.