Acero Precision is a leading, global OEM Manufacturer of precision machined components. We specialize in the manufacturing and assembly of complex, close tolerance products. Our range of clients includes the Medical Device, Motorsport, and Analytical Industries.
In order to maintain our growth and continue serving our customers with excellent service, our recruiting team searches for the best and brightest in their field. We are seeking a Production Planner.
The Production Planner will be responsible for defining and implementing the company production strategies. He or she is responsible for using the ERP system for planning of all production schedules, job estimations and customer service. This position will be accountable for 100% on time delivery performance, with the goal of providing premier performance within served markets. It is the job of the Production Planner to ensure smooth operations throughout the production and distribution life of a given product.
- On time delivery with all clients.
- Scheduling on production orders.
- Plan direct & coordinate planning, scheduling, capacity, inventory, receiving, material handling, information flow activities to achieve the business and continuous improvement goals using Global Shop ERP system.
- Manage production planning strategies.
- Ensure the integration of manufacturing and planning policies, processes and programs, including customer service and operational efficiencies.
- Plan, direct, control, coordinate and evaluate inventory planning and control activities.
- Ensure order fulfillment processes balance and integrate priorities from a wide variety of areas, including safety, quality assurance, training, and accounting. Create and maintain standard work as necessary.
- Ensure entire supply chain is integrated to meet goals.
- Serve as business application process owner to ensure best practice tools and processes are implemented and sustained.
- Approve and develop new Product Quote Requests that are consistent with our operating strategies and costing.
- Prepare production reports in ERP system.
- Prepare customer and vendor quotes in ERP system.
- Ensure all customer support issues are handled efficiently, effectively and professionally.
- Acts as a single point of contact for customer enquiries and ERP updates.
- Provide positive and effective leadership by example and proactive involvement.
- Previous supervisory experience with extensive knowledge of manufacturing practices and techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of estimating principles and practices relating to product costing, expense budgeting and inventories.
- Excellent computer skills, highly proficient in data analysis, including report writing in Excel.
- High conceptual and functional proficiency in an ERP environment.
- Perceptive in identifying problems and developing solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a dynamic job shop environment.
- Knowledge required includes industrial production and processing, administration and management, mathematics, machines and tools, personnel management, application of engineering science and technology and customer service.
- Strong communication, active listening, judgment and decision-making, critical thinking, reading comprehension, coordination, managing personnel, time management, complex problem solving, and presentation skills.
- Must be a company cheerleader and promote the vision and mission of Acero.
- A BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications or specialized training.
- Management of teams running Mazak Lathes/Machining Centers or Star Swiss Style Lathes.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in tooling, machine tool programming, methods, inspection procedures and work holding
Please visit the Acero Precision website - www.aceroprecision.com for more information.
It is the policy of Acero Precision not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Acero Precision to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Principals only. Recruiters please do not reply to Acero job posts. All applications and/or contact information submitted are kept on file and are the property of Acero Precision.