Race Winning Brand is seeking a Powersports Product Manager to join our team! This position is responsible for managing the development of our Wiseco & JE Brands. This position works alongside the Research and Development and Engineering teams and has responsibility of the brands product formulations for the new product pipeline and for existing products. Ultimately, this position will also be responsible for working with Sales to create and meet the overall Business Plan for the brand.The scope of this role includes oversight of raw material requirements, costing, product prototyping, manufacturing pilots, sensory, and all details related to these skills and capabilities. This role will have high visibility within the organization and be a strategic partner in executing the company’s vision.
What you'll do
- Lead the product development process for our Brands as you execute projects in the pipeline for 2018 & beyond.
- Work alongside the product development team as they support the 3-year innovation pipelines.
- Develop 7-10 year product development innovation strategy, in collaboration and consultation with Head of R&D, and Head of Category Management.
- Responsible for maintaining an innovation culture to ensure an entrepreneurial & disruptive approach to innovation
- Drive continuous improvement of the new product development process (agile/scrum methodology).
- Responsible for training and for building career plans that will enable the team to continue growing professionally
- Evaluate resource capacity & anticipate future needs to drive product innovation, and execute product improvement & productivity initiatives, in close collaboration with head of R&D.
- Work closely with Supply Chain and Quality team to ensure new products are delivered on-time and to specification
- Ensure that all essential tasks and responsibilities for new formulations, product change requests, pilot production, and trial product production to support the pipeline, international businesses and strategic accounts are done in accordance with internal requirements and in close collaboration with cross-functional colleagues.
- Strive to continuously improve communication with cross functional team
- Work with Sales Team & Customers to ensure products are understood and sold for their benefits, not just explain the features.
You'll love this job if you're:
- A strong communicator and collaborator and work effectively with all members of the organization, from individual contributors to top execs
- Highly analytical and strategic. Your problem solving skills are unparalleled
- You always maintain a professional disposition — even (and especially) under pressure
- You are a futuristic leader.
- You are always on top of the latest industry news and innovations.
- Your enjoy translating strategy to tactical execution.
- Enjoy solving complex problems.
- A Powersports Enthusiast
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Related Field.
- Engineering experience is a plus
- 5 plus years industry experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in Product Management.
- Ability to show leadership and clear, efficient, decisive decision making in a fast paced, frequently changing and detail oriented environment.
- Comfort and ability to interact with senior executives.
- Ability to manage professional personnel.
- Competence with product formulation requirements, costings and margins.
- Understanding of Regulatory and Labeling requirements.
- Competency to make critical formulation and raw material decisions in high pressure environment.
- Ability to develop rework formulation options.
- Experience overseeing bench and flavor prototype work and sensory evaluations.
- Familiarity with ingredient functionality and raw material requirements/specifications.
- Ability to supervise a raw material approval and maintenance system.
- Understanding of manufacturing inventory, bill of materials and costing systems and associated processes.
- Talent for organizing, managing and communicating large volumes information.
- Ability to manage a department that handles a high volume of tasks involving critical information.
- Established relationships with suppliers in the Racing industry.
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, SharePoint
- Flexible to handle various tasks and projects simultaneously and efficiently.
- Ability to meet timeline deadlines.