Life Racing has extensive experience in the design, manufacture, development, and support of a broad range of products including engine control units (ECUs), power distribution units (PDUs), display units, integrated paddle shift systems and high reliability wiring harnesses to all levels and sectors.
AER are designers, manufacturers and builders of award-winning race engine solutions that have led the way in the motor sports industry. Enthusiastic about delivering success and achieving outstanding results in engine reliability and performance.
Both are based on the Essex/London border and present a small, yet exceptionally talented team driven to reach exceptional standards.
The main purpose of the PC and infrastructure Engineer is to manage the PC’s, servers & Infrastructure systems hosted in Basildon. Taking ownership of support calls, documenting, automating and working with the existing software development team. All tasks need to ensure that they are completed in a timely and professional manner. Establishing a good working relationship with the software development team and providing good, ratified advice will be key to your success. You will have a hands-on role managing the complete environment including the office365 tenancy with the software developers. Demonstrating a clear ITIL framework understanding to deliver great service to the internal customers.
- Manage the combined AER / LR infrastructure working on existing technologies VMware, Synology storage, Microsoft Servers & Office365, WAN, LAN and VPN technologies, Linux Ubuntu, Meraki, Java & JBoss EFACS and knowledge of MS SQL all are technologies hosted in Basildon.
- Working with technical subjects at a detailed level whilst being able to plan, estimate, review, implement and report on allocated project and major tasks.
- The role will require aspects of architecture, implementation, support, and operational management
- Monitor, implement and support PC’s both onsite and remote mainly but also willing to get your hands dirty and to ensure continuity of operations for test equipment connected to PC’s and appliances.
- At least three years’ experience of working with VMware & Virtual machines, Synology Appliances, Cisco Meraki and OpenVPN, Ubiquiti and Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2019.
- Proven expert experience of using Operating Systems – in Microsoft Servers and AD is mandatory
- Proven experience and knowledge of Firewalls, Endpoint protection and virus prevention. ·
- Proven experience of using Applications – Java & JBoss, MSSQL, Active Directory
- Proven experience of storage platform Synology with knowledge of NFS and SMB connections
- Cloud based technologies like Office365, SharePoint, Teams and OneDrive · Knowledge and experience of intrusion protection and prevention technologies.
- Ensuring that security products are up to date and that all precautions are in place to protect the organization and its IT assets and employees
- Enthusiastic with a genuine desire to understand and improve the business
- Recognising that tasks need completing correctly, accurately, and regularly.
- Demonstrating initiative and capability to problem solve
- Ability to operate under pressure, demonstrating resilience and a calm approach
- Confident in answering detailed information requests
- Well organised with a methodical approach to work
- High Level of diligence
- Gentle, sensitive approach to fragile products
- Adaptable and flexible
- A growth mindset and willingness to accept feedback.
- A valid driver’s licence may be required.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft packages particularly excel is desirable
Qualities and Behaviours
- A self-starter who demonstrates self-initiative, a positive attitude and is motivated to improve and problem solve whilst working hard as part of a team.
- Ability to work towards deadlines and deliver as part of a team
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and project milestones
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Please note that you will be required to work on your own and be proactive keeping IT assets up to date and test new advances once approved.
- Some evening or weekend work will be required as part of upgrades and introduction of new technologies.
Hours of work & Benefits
Up to 2 days per week (12-16hrs), providing flexible support across 5 days. Minimum of half day on site at Life Racing’s Essex facility in Basildon, Burnt Mills Industrial Estate. Some evening/weekend work will be required occasionally for upgrades etc.
Position Vacant: November 2022
If interested, please briefly outline your suitability for the role, your availability, salary expectations, click apply and send your CV.