aFe POWER is looking for an experienced Payroll Processor and HR Administrator with multi-company/division experience to join our busy HR team at our Corona facilities. This vital bilingual role will build great relationships with all levels of the aFe team and have primary ownership of full-cycle payroll and time/attendance processing for apx. 200+ employees located at our companies in California and Indiana. Reporting to the Director-Human Resources, this position will also provide administrative support to HR processes including employee onboarding, recruiting, benefits/401(k), LOA, HRIS/file maintenance, workers compensation, employee relations, audit support and reporting.
Roles, Responsibilities and Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned):
- Generates time cards and works with department supervisors on exceptions, corrections and approvals.
- Prepares, processes, audits and balances bi-weekly payroll for all companies including manual checks, bonuses, commissions, retro earnings, time exceptions and corrections, reversals/voids, special off-cycle payrolls and accrual corrections as needed.
- Prepares and uploads bi-weekly 401(k) funding reports to 401(k) provider for all companies.
- Enters and updates employee data in HRIS system modules (HR/Benefits, Payroll, Time & Attendance); processes employment status changes to job, pay, taxes, deductions, benefits, new hires and terminations.
- Conducts orientation meetings for new employees and completes on-boarding documentation, time-clock set-up, safety training, E-Verify processing, badge/uniform, parking assignments; creates employee files.
- Conducts benefits orientation for newly eligible employees, processes enrollments/terminations with carriers, reconciles carrier invoices and coordinates annual benefit open enrollment meetings.
- Processes 401(k) enrollments and changes per provider feedback notices.
- Pulls and retains per period payroll reports, quarterly and annual tax reports, benefit census, EEO, workers compensation audit and ad hoc reporting as required.
- Responds to and processes external requests for employment verification, wage benefit audits, state or court mandated wage garnishments, liens and benefit orders in accordance with regulations and distributes documentation as required.
- Provides recruiting support by maintaining candidate applications, contacting, screening and scheduling candidates, and performing reference checks as needed.
- Administers injury claims including reporting, documentation, adjuster contact, claim files and work status coordination.
- Maintains and updates employee files with all relevant documentation in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with application of state, federal, local employment and wage laws as applicable for payroll.
- Intermediate-advanced knowledge of system-based timekeeping/payroll processing-ADP Workforce Now, highly preferred.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced work environment, approaching tasks and projects with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to switch focus between projects and address work interruptions as they arise while maintaining productivity.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with a Generalist mindset.
- Intermediate to advanced reporting skills in ADP, highly desirable.
- Superior attention to detail, and excellent proofreading and audit skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required; MS Visio a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on clear, proactive and timely communication, professional demeanor, and ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- The ability to wear multiple hats and be a self-starter with the attitude and initiative to set and meet goals.
- Ability to build relationships and trust with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED, required; AA degree or college attendance preferred with HR Certificate or PHR desirable; minimum of one (1) year supporting a high-volume HR department, preferably in a manufacturing environment, preferred, and/or equivalent combination of HR education and experience.
- 1–3 years’ experience processing payroll, preferably for multi-company, and applicable reporting, preferably with ADP.