Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our team and have an exciting position available in our Programme Management department. This is an opportunity for experienced and team-oriented individuals to make a substantial impact within a small, fast-paced team.
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, the team is based in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. Now in our fifth season, we have proven to be competitive with our uniquely-designed team that has quickly demonstrated a desire to win!
Reporting to the Global Programme Manager this role is based in Banbury, UK. The role coordinates the activities of the factory to ensure an effective parts supply to all the events within a car programme. Working with various departments and technical partners this role will ensure components are delivered correctly and timely to trackside based on the project BOM.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Ownership and management of the Haas component life system.
- Creation and management of component service schedules to allow for project realization and cost mitigation
- Working with external suppliers and technical partners to ensure correct and timely component delivery.
- Working with the programme management group, procurement and stores to create and publish the component list delivered to each event combining new components, repaired components and re-ordered components.
- Working with the trackside team to ensure trackside turnaround lists are actioned and prioritized amongst the receiving departments prior to post-event freight arrival.
- Working with the trackside project manager to provide predicted quantities for each event and mitigate any risks due to parts shortages.
- Works with the procurement department to filter the shortage list and highlight components which need to be re-ordered.
- Creation and management of the Manufacturing Bill of Materials (M-BOM) to provide clear indication of the level at which parts need to be purchased
- Creation of part numbers in the Haas ERP system with the correct attributes to allow buyers to order parts and finance to track the spend accurately
- Follows and enforces safety practices in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Global Programme Manager or their designee.
- Trackside support of the race team as deemed by the Global Programme Manager to mitigate risk and improve processes.
Education and Work Experience:
- GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required. Further education including Trade School, Apprenticeship or University Degree desired.
- 2 to 3 years of experience within a parts and supply chain, preferably in Motorsport.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet liability/casualty insurance requirements.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Good technical background in car/ mechanical design / operation / build / preparation / car performance.
- Needs to be proactive, flexible, organized and able to prioritize own work load.
- Work to a consistently high standard in stressful and time sensitive situations.
- Quick decision-making skills whilst working through problems in a scientific and analytical way.
- Work well in a team environment with personnel at all levels.
- A sympathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to integrate within a group environment.
- A can-do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
Equipment and Applications:
- Solid computer knowledge, experience in Microsoft Office products, PLM systems (3D Experience) and Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require moderate domestic & international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.