Title: UK Partnership Sales and Development Manager
Reporting to: Chief Commercial Officer
Overview of W Series
W Series is the new all-female single-seater racing championship created to address the lack of female drivers progressing to the highest levels of motorsport.
At the heart of W Series is the firm belief that women can compete equally with men, yet whilst there are no regulatory barriers to entry for women in motorsports, only two women have ever started a Formula 1 Grand Prix and there are fewer women currently racing in single seater series than there were 10 years ago.
At a time of increasing demand for equality and support for women’s sport, W Series is the first ever all-female race series and has been created to change that paradigm. By participating in this new professional F3 series, W Series offers more female drivers the opportunity to develop racing skills, progress their careers and ultimately graduate to existing high-level racing series to take on the men as equals.
Following a successful public launch in October 2018 which reached over 100M people, the free to enter W Series initiated a rigorous driver evaluation and qualification program. 20 women from 15 different countries secured drives with a selection process based purely on driver talent, rare for motorsport series where the ability to generate funding is often the definitive qualifying factor.
The international series kicked off in May 2019 with race one in Germany seeing drivers racing in identical Tatuus F3 cars and competing head to head to win a share of US$1.5 million prize fund. Working in partnership with Gerhard Burger’s DTM race series, the inaugural race season will see six events take place at some of Europe’s most famous race circuits. The 2020 season is scheduled to expand to 10 events and include races in America and Asia.
W Series has secured distribution delivering 340M+ TV households across 100+countries and provides digital live streaming access across the rest of the world.
W Series has the backing of a number of prominent members of the motorsport community, with former F1 driver David Coulthard, engineer Adrian Newey and racing director Dave Ryan having senior roles within the business. It has received public support from many professional sports stars and organisations including female racing legend Desiré Wilson, current F1 deputy team principal Claire Williams and Haas F1 driver Kevin Magnussen.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Partnership Sales and Development Manager will be responsible for delivering new W Series sponsors and partners, contributing revenue, brand and fan value and developing the business’ broader commercial potential.
This position will require significant travel throughout the year and a flexible approach to working hours.
- Generate revenues through the acquisition of commercial partners fees and budget relieving supply initiatives
- Maintain strong relationships with existing partners to retain and enhance contributions
- Build relationships with senior clients in order to deliver direct sales
- Implement individual and departmental sales strategies, contributing to team sales targets whilst delivering personal sales targets
- Identify partners and commercial opportunities for W Series through research, industry contacts and networking
- Develop understanding of potential partners’ business strategies and the dynamics of their sectors in order to structure and present partnerships that deliver clear brand and business returns
- Secure meetings with qualified partner prospects and present the W Series opportunity to senior personnel individually and with the senior management team as required
- Manage the creation of bespoke sales presentations providing best-in-class solutions and marketing materials
- With CCO effectively manage pitch process through to negotiation and deal closing and ensure smooth handover to Partner Account team
- Identify, evaluate and recommend new platforms and innovations for partner and general income generation
- In addition to revenue generation, work with partners and affiliates to grow the W Series brand and fanbase to drive long term revenue potential and business growth
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of W Series and its competitive sports market, liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships within the sports, entertainment and media industries with clients, agencies and influencers
- Host partners and potential partners at race and related events
- Act as an ambassador for W Series by attending industry events and partner meetings, publicly representing the values of the W Series organization
- Provide accurate and timely business and pipeline reporting and maintenance of database and CRM systems
Skills and Experience
- A successful track record in sponsorship, advertising and /or media sales
- Able to identify, attract and convert partners into high value deals
- Proven problem solver with the ability to generate creative solutions and bespoke partner propositions
- Understanding of brand and business dynamics
- Understanding of the media landscape and value of content and social and digital platforms
- Knowledge of the sports and/or entertainment rights and business environments
- High level of connectivity within the brand, sport and sponsorship community
- International experience an advantage and an international perspective a must to successfully work with teams dealing with diverse territories, cultures and business practices
- Excellent salesperson
- Strong communicator who can influence and persuade at a senior level
- Skilled presenter
- Multi-tasker with strong organizational and project management skills
- Adapt with research, evaluation and industry analysis tools and methodologies
- Self-reliant and able to work well unsupervised and demonstrate initiative, yet equally a team player who can follow instruction and support others
- Accomplished and enthusiastic networker
- Numerate, with excellent written, Microsoft Office and digital skills
- Educated to degree standard, or equivalent
- Commercially minded and results driven
- Strategic and entrepreneurial in thought and approach
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to quickly build trust and relationships
- Has a flexible and ‘hands-on’ approach
- Ethical and hard-working with a strong personal commitment to deliver at pace
- Works well under pressure adapting to tight deadlines and differing demands
- Possesses good judgement and behavioral maturity
- Passionate, positive and energetic
- Has an appetite for the dynamic of a young, growing company
- Ambitious and hungry for opportunity
Package Competitive salary with OTE target-based commission dependent on experience.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRI are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and newsletters.